Hello, I got a comment the other day from Sophie from burning into the night. I've been nominated for the Liebster Blog award by Sophie! Sophie: Thank you so much! I wish I'd found your blog before as it's brilliant. I love your 'A week in the life' posts. Consider me a new follower and I hope others see your blog ASAP, they don't know what they are missing.
The Liebster Blog Award is an award for new bloggers with less than 200 followers so that this award can promote their blog. I'd never heard about this award until being nominated for it, and I think it's such an nice concept to give blogs that aren't well known a chance in the blogging community.
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions which your nominator set for you
3. Create 11 questions for who you choose to nominate
4. Choose 11 blogs to nominate with less than 200 followers
Eleven Random Facts About Me:
1. I hate bananas, really really hate bananas. I'd rather eat some horrible fish or something than eat bananas.
2. I like socks quite a bit. I remember in year 11 counting my socks and finding over 100. Topshop fuel this problem and I don't care :)
3. I wish there was a site or something that you could send complaints to, like twitter I suppose that satisfaction of typing and sending it helps. I complain a lot but I'm trying to be better, it's hard when loads of little things get to you.
4. I'm wheat, gluten and oats intolerant. Or coelic. But I'm un-diagnosed because of silly doctors. If I could eat Jammy Dodgers and Twiglets!
5. I love lipstick, how it can transform your make-up and a whole outfit in an instant. I only wish I didn't have such sore dry lips constantly so I could wear it everyday.
6. I liek shoes. I work In a shoe shop filled with lovely, lovely shoes. I'm lusting after these at the moment: Manas, in a size 4 in black please!
7. I save thousands of pretty pictures, of things to D.I.Y, pretty make up, brilliant photos, the lot. I have over 12GB on my laptop at the moment.
8. I hate dressing gowns. And fleece. EURGH. And soft pyjamas why oh why do they have to go soft? I like crispy pjs and crispy bed linen. Expensive of course!
9. I wish I could sing, dance or act. Well not really act but it would have been a bonus. It would be really fun but I'd also need to have the confidence for that!
10. One day I'd love to move into an apartment with my boyfriend. (MUSHY) He's doing interior design so we could be one cool couple.
11. I would have liked to be born in the 60s, so I could have lived through the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s. The music, the art, the lifestyle. Life on Mars would have been perrrrfect.
1. Have you been to any concerts? If so, who have you been to see?
I have been to a few, I saw the Manic Street Preachers when I was 12 with my dad and best friend, we went in the standing section under-age, you had to be over 14 to get in! Such a naughty kid. I've been to V, (arctic monkeys were literally the best i've seen, can't wait to see them again) the noisettes, loads more when I was younger with the guides too.
2. Favourite band/musician?
Probably Arctic Monkeys, although Alt-J are a firm favourite right now.
3. What style of clothing does your wardrobe consist of?
style? comfy/grunge/bit gothy I guess. I wear what I like and it always seems to be black. You wouldn't catch me in brown!
4. What makes you feel nostalgic?
Ooh holidays, Christmas and actual holidays with friends and families.
5. Favourite movie?
That's a tough one, probably Ten Things I hate About You. I also really like the Fast and Furious collection and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
6. What inspires you most?
People, pictures, films, anything visual really. Blogs and tumblr are perfect for me!
It's really hard to get motivated inspired for my uni work though on print and fabric manipulations, any ideas?
7. What was the first movie you watched?
first? probably a disney or tom and jerry.
8. Did you have any imaginary friends when you were younger?
no I didn't I don't think!
9. Dream job?
ahh working in fashion probably as a stylist. Or professional blogging that would be fab if that's a job. Or owning my own company and designing clothes!
10. Do you suffer from any phobias?
I can't stand people being sick or getting hurt, casualty is a nightmare for me and occasionally I force myself to watch it for some reason. Do banana's count?
11. Who's your hero/idol in life?
Ah that's a big question, celebrities are a good one but I try to look up to my mum and nana's positive ways. I don't think I've ever seen them being mean or angry. They hardly grumble and try to make the most out of everything. Something I should be doing right now (i'm procrastinating, it's a bad trait!)
The Blogs I'd like to Nominate: